Monday, March 19, 2012

Baseless nuclear waste rumors

"Tom, I want to get filtration on my water catchment.  UV uses to much juice for my small scale solar.  What water filter systems do you recommend, where do I get them and what's the cost involved?"

It depends upon how much water you use and how fast you need it.  If you can use a trickle/gravity system into a closed tank, you can probably save energy that way as well.  It is relatively trivial to make filters but making one at a time isn't economical.  You need pure Bentonite clay which is mixed with water and formed into filters (the hard part). You soak the filters in a colloidal silver solution and let it dry.  Then you have them fired by someone with a kiln.  I know a couple of people.

At that point you have filters, of the size and shape you choose, which will filter biologicals to .1 micron and the silver will kill anything smaller than that.  The problem is that the most common way to use this filter in remote areas is by gravity feeding it from a catchment system and that can take awhile.

To eliminate radionuclides, you add a bed of Zeolite which traps the radionuclides.  Periodically, depending on the contamination level, you have to change the Zeolite (and bury it) and back-flush the filters to clean them.

I have all of that here.  If enough interest can be generated I'll produce the filters, with a zeolite layer, that can be plumbed into a large house filter.  There is an initial cost, but the filter will basically last for millions of gallons - so the payback isn't very long.  Instead of replacing it every month, you just take it out and back-flush it.  If you get a Geiger reading, you replace the Zeolite.

You can Google for Zeolite filters and buy them online.  They are not as effective as my system by at least one and up to ten orders of magnitude - then again, my system is sitting in bags and barrels waiting for a market.

The county water system has no provision for removing radionuclides.  They use chlorine gas to sterilize the water but that can be problematic since each sub-treatment system is a little different.  I prefer catchment.  Once you filter the water into a closed system, it's safe.  My plan is to pump from my open house catchment through a filter system into closed tanks.

If I manufactured the filters I'd probably install them and provide that service for a subscription fee.

T

T

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 22:20, Jim Albertini <ja@interpac.net> wrote:
Tom,
I want to get filtration on my water catchment.  UV uses to much juice for my small scale solar.  What water filter systems do you recommend, , where do I get them and what's the cost involved?
Thanks.
Jim

On 3/18/2012 8:38 PM, TC Burnett wrote:

This is actually funny.  I am laughing. (insert laugh track).  I have sufficient filtration components at my home to filter out ALL radionuclides from water, whether collected from rain or as residual fallout into catchment tanks.  I also have water filtration system components which will kill all biologicals to .01 micron in diameter - and then a commercial ultraviolet system to kill the rest.

Let Japan poison the world.  I am - or can be - impervious to airborne and seaborne radiation dangers.  In fact, my vegetables and aquaponics constructions are  are impervious as well.  There is a certain lead-time during which some radiation gets through, but those are the products I will sell, not the ones I will use.

Yes, it seems that the human race is on the fast track to extinction, and precious metal is not going to provide any prophylaxis.

Goodbye everyone.  I am sorry no one took the situation seriously enough to initiate any mitigation policies.  I did, but I am not inclined to share my solutions with people who will simply implement them incorrectly, die a slow, horrible, painful death, and try to blame me for not telling them earlier.

It's OK, though.  Shit happens.  It is now happening to you.

 

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 08:35, Joseph Ayer <josephayer@gmail.com> wrote:
The Japanese are taking radioactive debris from Fukushima and burning it in another location spreading the nuclear waste.

http://www.japantoday.com/category/national/view/radioactive-ash-causes-shutdown-of-kashiwa-incinerators


"I believe if the debris is widely accepted all over Japan, we can overcome the baseless rumors.

Here is more information on Japan's national policy of distributing the nuclear waste throughout Japan and muting " baseless rumors"

http://ex-skf.blogspot.com/2012/03/moment-of-truth-from-goshi-hosono-there.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you think. But think first.