Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My oath.

I do solemnly swear and affirm that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of a citizen of the United States of America.  I avow that I am an American first and foremost, that I am not now nor have I ever been a member or supporter of any entity which advocates sedition, treason, terrorism, or the unlawful overthrow of the duly elected and lawfully constituted government and that I will fight any such attempt to the death.  In exchange for my life and allegiance, I require that the elected officials who have taken this same oath, faithfully discharge the duties of their offices under the sure and certain knowledge that failing to do so constitutes treason in the minds of the citizenry and that the law off the land which applies to one, applies to all, equally.  By my oath I swear these truths.

Thomas C. Burnett

Posted via email from Thus knowledge flows like water

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you think. But think first.