Wednesday, December 19, 2012

America the Beautiful

I just went to the Post office to send my Social security check (Plus $66 from last month) to the LA County Deputies and their families who are deployed.  I stepped in an oil slick and crashed.  I have a concussion and maybe something broken in my elbow. I was unconscious in a pool of blood for seconds and people just stepped over me. When I became conscious, I went in and stood in line.  All the God-loving Americans who were in line before me asked if I was OK (blood was pouring out of my head and elbow) and knee....but no one offered to let me step up in line otr help me stop the bleeding. By the time I got to the counter, the postmaster was dialing 9-1-1....but I told him to forget it and get letter out.

I used to have at least SOME compassion for my fellow citizens.  I think that just went away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you think. But think first.